On a final note, for this brief, I've eventually got round to finishing the rubber cast model of the stone wall effect.
There's still e few millimetres to be added but I've ran out of patience as the latex takes so long to set, so I decided to take off the mould anyway.
Loosening the screws at two of the corners meant the timber sides could be separated
The edges had to be separated from the wood with a blade but it didn't do any harm
The next step was to separate the rubber from the plaster
I thought this might prove tricky due to all the irregular shapes and crevices
Luckily the vegetable oil I'd sprayed on as a release agent worked well
It actually turned out well, I even found it could be wrapped around a cylinder to replicate a curved wall. Maybe I'll make a miniature round tower. I think that I now need to investigate mixing a hardening agent with the liquid latex to speed up the curing process. It would be useful to build up a stockpile of these from the mould so that next time I need several together I won't need to wait ages for each one to set. Still it was a good result and worth the trouble to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment