Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Our next deliverable for this brief is the storyboard and animatic. We decided to split the storyboard between us, with two people doing separate versions of each verse. This is mainly to get different perspectives or interpretations, so that we might get some new ideas. I am doing the second verse, stanza 16, and drew a variety of images to coincide with the written lines. As the atmosphere of the poem changes at the start of this verse I switched my coloured images to greyscale. As a reminder and to make some sense of the images I'm posting the second verse for reference.

Stanza 16

Vain transitory splendours! Could not all 

Reprieve the tottering mansion from its fall? 

Obscure it sinks, nor shall it more impart 

An hour’s importance to the poor man’s heart.        

Thither no more the peasant shall repair, 

To sweet oblivion of his daily care; 

No more the farmer’s news, the barber’s tale, 

No more the woodman’s ballad shall prevail; 

No more the smith his dusky brow shall clear,        

Relax his ponderous strength, and lean to hear; 

The host himself no longer shall be found 

Careful to see the mantling bliss go round; 

Nor the coy maid, half willing to be prest, 

Shall kiss the cup to pass it to the rest.
 

 
 
I added a few extra backgrounds as optional camera angles, as the first draft only had one interior view. I also included a few more 'Ghostly' characters. We will possibly be combining the storyboards so some stuff won't be used, but it'll be there just in case. The different interior views will also serve as reference for our 3d set which we will now be building as a box like-structure with removable walls (for the camera). The animatic still needs a little bit of tweaking but should be ready for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment