I have an idea to apply a stone relief effect to the walls using liquid latex cast from a plaster mould so I'll be experimenting with that next. We also have to construct a set of wooden beams for the ceiling which will probably be suspended at the correct height, though this will depend on how this effects the lighting.
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Having finished our storyboard and animatic we are ready to start working on the sets and characters. With a rough idea of our set from the storyboard images I made some drawings for the interior set design. I was under the impression that if I gave these drawings to the material store technicians that they would cut and fix the various parts together. I should point out that our interior set is constructed of MDF for strength and stability, and its at 1:50 scale. Being familiar with technical drawings I made several elevations, all labelled and with measurements. As it turned out the technicians don't make stuff for you but they were happy to cut the MDF for me, if I marked it out myself. As we (animation students) are based in Georges Quay I had to take the MDF away with me to mark it out. Then I had to return the next day to get the pieces cut. Then I had to take all the separate parts away to assemble them. We really need a workspace at Clare Street. The set is now semi-assembled - we want to be able to remove individual walls during shooting for the different camera angles - but we still haven't figured out a good way of doing this yet. So for now our set is loosely assembled to give us an idea of scale and view points for the camera. The set has to be dressed yet but here are some images of how it looks to date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment