Sunday, November 30, 2014

I've got a few more line tests done since the last post. When I got the drawbridge done I thought I could combine it with the horse running (into the castle), for my final project. This entails a line test that either combines two of the tests we have already created, or maybe adding a separate movement to one, e.g. the flying bird landing on a branch, or the walking person stopping. As long as there's two separate animations it's fairly open. I also got a walk cycle done and the 3/4 perspective walk cycle. Now I could use the perspective walk cycle for the final project, as I had the figure stopping at the end, but I was keen to see how the horse running into the castle would look.

 
The drawbridge sequence. There is a background image but I'm not sure how to show it without photo shopping the other images.
 
 
This is my first hand drawn walk test. The movement looks a bit wooden but I think the whole idea is to learn these techniques through trial and error. The next one I do will have a bit of bounce.
 
 
This one was a bit confusing. Although we only had to do in-betweens it seemed that there was something wrong with the keyframes we were given. I had to do a line test of the keyframes to work out the steps. When the tweens were done I added a few extra frames to bring the figure to a stop.
 
 
This was my intended line test of the combined drawbridge and horse running sequences. The only way I could think of to create this test was to photo shop all the drawbridge movement images (to reveal the background image). I then had to do the same to the horse images. Then I cropped a copy of the background - so the horse would seem to enter the castle. I also had to make a copy of the nearside rope to make it look like the horse is running behind it. Of course I couldn't resist adding sound effects.
I still have to finish the angry bird sequence, and we have a wave principle sequence to do too and I might be hand drawing my channel branding Ident, depending on the time scale, so that'll be a good bit of experience.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment