Monday, November 24, 2014

I got a few more line tests done for the traditional animation class. This time we had to do some tweens for a horse running sequence, and do a bird in flight from a side view.


Bird in flight.
 I was trying to do a vulture but I think I should have used a reference image as it's not very accurate. I was also trying to include some head movement, rising and falling with the wings but it just looks like his neck is moving up and down.



Horse running.
We only had to add a few tweens for this sequence but I might try an animal run cycle from scratch.

I still have to finish the angry bird sequence and I have to do the human walk cycle yet so there's still a lot to do.




This is a short clip that I made with Cormac as a class exercise for Alan. We didn't really have a name for it. The idea of the exercise was to create a stop motion piece. We decided to imitate the style of William Kentridge using just charcoal and one sheet of paper. We took turns in drawing and photographing. We didn't have a script and just kind of winged it. I think the whole point was to try something new and this style is one we had both wanted to try and it was all a bit experimental, which is probably something we should be doing more often.

I also got the storyboard done for the Channel Branding brief.



I know, It's very similar to a scene from any  'Frankenstein' film. But that was exactly my intention. Obviously I used the films for reference, but what I am trying to do is pay homage to such an iconic scientific experiment. I'm probably being a bit self indulgent too as the scene requires some dramatic atmosphere and lighting, along with some great camera angles so it will give me a chance to try out things I won't have done before. I also think that keeping the clip light-hearted might be a welcome change - for the Science Channel viewers - from all the serious science programmes.
I haven't decided on a technique yet, now that we've started learning traditional techniques, I might consider hand drawing this, as I still haven't got round to trying that yet. I'd better work out my schedule first and take it from there.




No comments:

Post a Comment