Sunday, October 12, 2014

These are some of the images from my contextual research for the character design project.




 
Some images I captured myself - there was a few of a beetle that was on the outside of a window but they were too blurred.





















 
Parasites and deep sea creatures inspired the composition of my characters.



 
One character - the protagonist - will have the texture of a slug

 
Slugsy from 'Fifi and the flowertots' is kind of similar to my protagonist character.
 

Beast from 'Maggie and the Ferocious Beast' has the sort of demeanor I have in mind for my protagonist

 
I did think of 'Ren and Stimpy' when I was creating these characters and would like mine to have the same sort of tempestuous relationship.

 


 
I'm also hoping to create a semi-translucent skin on this character similar to these frogs.

 
The second character - the antagonist - will be more like the parasites/bugs with an exoskeleton, pincers and sharp teeth. He will be much smaller and scurry around causing trouble and being annoying whilst the other character will be calm and relaxed, saving the day or coming to someone's rescue. It has been suggested to me to create a back story but I'd like to think that they could slot into any scenario. I suppose I could make up some kind of background history for them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment