I just found a few photos that I'd taken when I started to make the maquette of Character 2. I was making it to scale - in relation to Character 1 - so it needed to be fairly big. It's approximately 220mm high and 300mm long, which would have meant using a lot of Newplast, so I decided to bulk out the inside of it.
I had a semi-circle of expanding foam left over from my animation short project, which I had made as a back-up for the body of the Buffalo character. The surface of it had never been smoothed down which meant it was ideal for the lumpy surface I want this character to have. It was also a good match for the overall size and this helped reduce the amount of Newplast that would be needed.
After wrapping the foam in Clingfilm (helps when removing the newplast) I began adding the Newplast in small flattened circles until the entire surface was covered. This was then transported to the studio at LSAD fort finishing.
The finished product.
The original design.


No comments:
Post a Comment